Tuesday 3 February 2015

Transit

Crushed onto the Victoria line, front side crammed against a huge man's back - he is canoodling with his partner and being her rock, back side is providing support for a short stocky woman with a bag with very sharp corners. I'm holding the pole in the centre of the standing space for no particular purpose since I'm wedged in securely. Listening to the upper notes of a young man's music - he's enjoying it, me not so much. The train lurches to a stop, everyone jiggles about a bit, and big sigh, I can breathe again and stand on my own two legs.

2 comments:

la peregrina said...

Now you are making me miss the subways of New York. :)

Harriet (the fshlady) said...

There's a bus strike today and I have to meet an auditor at 10. I'm having a horrible week and the morning journeys aren't helping!! I wouldn't miss them for about months I reckon!