Tuesday 10 April 2007

Delhi

We arrived middle of the night. While it didn't go quite according to plan its OK, sort of. We're staying in a different hotel, going to places we didn't know about. Its really really hot and dirty. But the driver we have has been very nice.

Can't quite decide whether we are being taken for a ride totally, even though the people who are doing so are very nice about it. I've been bitten by mosquitoes terribly - everyone keeps asking me whats wrong with me (I look like I have a terrible disease or something).

Seen some stuff, been made to wear a fabric bag over my skirt into the Jama Masjid Mosque - much to the amusement of the locals. Indians like to be in love, I believe. All the public gardens are full of couples. Canoodling in the shade from the heat of the day.

Amy has been keeping an animal count which I think amuses the driver - its all so ordinary for them - cows in the street (big white ones), ox (which big humps on their backs), monkeys, parrots, eagles, hooded crows, and circus elephants (not performing just standing around the big top, thought it best not to think too hard about it).. All of which hopefully will seem ordinary to us once we've been on safari (cross your fingers for tigers).

No comments: