Thursday 15 February 2007

Ceramics Class

I finally got to see the finished Ladypot - its been weeks in the making, carefully scratching drawings into it, thinking about the glazing and stuff. Generally I'm finding the end result a little bit disappointing but this one isn't too bad. I'm quite happy with it (apart from the thickness of the glazing). The drawings are really quite effective.

Over the course of the day I have changed my mind about what I wanted to say here. What I really wanted to say is that I was very nervous about the ladypot. I liked it a lot while I was making it and have been rather disappointed with the way glazes have turned out on other things. So it was with a great deal of anxiety that I left the glazed pot on the shelf for its final firing. And this week I found what was once grey with carved drawings on it has turned out like this:



I quite like it.

flickr ceramics classs set

No comments: