Monday 1 January 2007

Happy New Year

So here I am celebrating new year on my own for the first time ever. Couldn't manage to drag together even a couple of friends willing to see in the new year. I bought an ironing board today so I'm hoping that won't jinx my new year to one of domesticity. I suddenly had a feeling of being totally alone, sitting in my new house all alone with Jools Holland on the TV, which isn't so bad apart from the fact you can't have a meaningful conversation with a tv programme. Dad and I set off to go see the fireworks at Waterloo but someone tried to pick pocket him on the bus on the way there, at the same time a gang was stopping people getting on the bus, the tube was packed and the next 3 trains were all arriving in 3 minutes and none of them did, so we gave up. I watched some neighbourhood fireworks on the corner of the street instead. Another woman walked passed me wearing a red feather boa and smiled at me - first new year greeting. So anyway. Happy New Year to you, and I hope your year is everything you wish for.

Personally I'd like to stop being such a boring fart and manage to get out a bit. I'd like to enter into a reinvention this year.

I really am going away next christmas and I'm not buying any presents!

No comments: