Tuesday 20 September 2005

Bus Journey

Regular going home time. Bus. Bank. Lots of suits. Rushing.

A girl gets onto the bus and sits down next to me. She's carrying a big bouquet of lillies. Talking on the phone she says, "do you like lillies?...some stranger just gave me two bunches... yes it was a nice gesture...oh I don't know if he fancied me, it was strange...but I hate them, the smell, its just horrible."

The friend doesn't appear to like them either. I'd love to be given flowers by some stranger I thought, and lillies are spectacular - big flowers, dramatic. Lovel...And then I was distracted by the sight of a very tall, well toned body walking past the window in nothing but some lycra shorts. Shorts that leave nothing to the imagination, a la Linford Christie and the lunch box debate. I expect its the done thing with a bod like that but really, it was very distracting. Totally lost my train of thought.

No comments: