Thursday 27 January 2005

Children

Today has been a terrible day. Just overwhelmingly bad. The Boyfiend and I went for a meal after work, sat down talked through my day, relaxed. And then on the way home we were talking on the bus, laughing, joking, not swearing or being terrible. Some old woman took aversion to us and shouted at me, "children, children will you go and sit down because we don't want to hear your conversation anymore". Rudely. Boyfiend took offense. Nice middle class do-goody busybody next to her turned around and said, "you should really show consideration for others, some of us have had a long day at work..." Now we may have been a little bit loud (but not like school children released from school f'ing and blinding all over the place, shouting into their mobile phones), but I don't think I look that young, I don't think I was behaving that abominably and I certainly don't think I look like I've been lounging around all day doing nothing - particluarly with a briefcase in tow. All she had to do was ask us nicely to keep it down a little.

No comments: