Monday 21 June 2004

Monday's Life Class




Its been quite a while since I made it to life drawing. In the time I was not going I invested in a dip pen, some ink and a caligraphy brush. So today I did pen and ink drawings. Its difficult when you first do something to master the techniques surrounding new materials but I quite like the effect so I'm likely to keep going until I capture something I like. We followed the usual pattern - one 10 minute pose, 2 five mins, 2 two mins, 2 one min and a longer one after the break. Not keen on the long one after the break - like always when you get back to drawing the long one can be over laboured and loose the vitality of a shorter pose.

Candid Arts Trust: open access sessions and more formal taught courses in both life drawing and painting. Behind Angel tube, Islington - first left down City Road. Contact: The Candid Arts Trust, 3 Torrens Street, London EC1V 1NQ, Tel: 020 7837 4237.

No comments: