Monday 3 May 2004

Saturday Night Tale

Don't know what caused it - funny though afterwards. We had a showroom window full of mercedes on ramps, second-hand but gleeming y'know? Prime location on a busy corner turn in the road. All the traffic drove straight towards them sitting there in a line. I always loved mercedes. I used to sing that song - remember? Oh Lord, won'tcha buy me a mercedes benz? That was my theme tune. My ambition in life was to be a jerk in a merc. I was lucky cos the showroom came up for sale when I had some readies and I knew it had to be mine. Anyway...Anyway don't know what caused it but that night the handbrake cables on all front row cars were snapped and all those cars came crashing through the front windows of the showroom like they were trying to escape or something. Too much reigned-in horse power. That was the end, my finances couldn't stretch to the refit and cover the loss from the damaged vehicles. I can laugh about it now. Wasn't funny at the time. I've put it behind me. My ambition now? I want to be a slag in a jag.

No comments: