Wednesday 14 April 2004

Things I'm Wishing Since the Bank Holiday Ended

  • That I could get to sleep.

  • That I didn't have to go to work.

  • That the weather wasn't so nice because it would be lovely to be outside.

  • That there was another week to go before I had to go to a conference in Leicester.

  • That I didn't have to be at work.

  • That I had met a rich man who could keep me in lifestyle I have become accustomed to.

  • That he would buy me a small business that I could tinker away at safe in the knowledge that it didn't have to make a massive profit.

  • That he would have an open air car (as my sister predicted so long ago) and would come pick me up from work and whisk me away.

  • That he had a big house building project that I could get stuck into (love Grand Designs).

  • That the house had a huge garden to plant stuff in. I want blossom trees in the bottom of the garden. And miniature waterlilly ponds in huge pots like they have in Thailand. And topiary. And wild meadows.

  • That I could spend my days painting, doing embroidery and reading (well perhaps not quite that 18th century - I'd be bored in a month).

  • But mostly that I didn't have to go to work.

No comments: