Monday 20 October 2003

Monday's Life Class



On the way to life drawing the traffic was terrible along upper street, result of a burst water main or something earlier in the day, all the buses were on diversion. Despite this I was still early. But my neck has been tired - stiff and tense the last few days and standing at the easle was proving to be aggrevating for it. So I'm blaming the lack of decent drawings (and these are better than the rest) on my crying out for a holiday body and the fact that I had a couple of pretty good weeks prior to this (can't have it good all the time after all - or at least thats what I keep telling myself).

I don't know where this slant to the composition thing has come from but I've done that a couple of times now. I quite like it in individual drawings but this week with only two worth showing it looks like a theme developing - themes must be quashed!



Candid Arts Trust: open access sessions and more formal taught courses in both life drawing and painting. Behind Angel tube, Islington - first left down City Road. Contact: The Candid Arts Trust, 3 Torrens Street, London EC1V 1NQ, Tel: 020 7837 4237.

No comments: