Wednesday 22 October 2003

Carry On Meeting

I had a meeting today with an inspirational speaker who my old boss had introduced to me a year ago when we were maybe going to develop a course for unemployed people encouraging them to get back into the job market.

On arrival said speaker engaged in some pleasantries with me.
"Hello, Harriet," american drawl, "you are looking so beautiful," hand outstretched for a shake, I put my hand in his to shake back and he leaned in to kiss my cheek (have to say this is most unusual and quite forward for people I generally meet).
"Oh, your hands are cold," I replied, shocked at the icy touch (mental note - have to not comment on the texture or feel of a handshake in future)
"But I have a warm heart," came the retort. At which we went downstairs to the meeting room. Little did I realise that colleagues around me who heard this collapsed in laughter at the innuendo and the corniness (sadly it hadn't even crossed my mind, doh). By the time I got back this snippet of dialogue had been transformed into a carry on film.

I can picture it all now, with a cast of Sid James (cold hands, warm heart, going for an extra feel during the handshake with the free hand), meeting with Babs Windsor (in an ill fitting skirt suit with a lot of cleavage showing, complaining of the cold hands), all overheard by an outraged Kenneth Williams (in the ooo matron vain of acting).

"Didn't bare thinking about what was going on downstairs with an opening script like that!", "even Al Green couldn't get away with a corny line like that!" (I'm spending the rest of the day being ribbed and rather pink in the cheeks methinks.) sigh.

No comments: